Tuesday, January 22, 2008
GOURMET COOKING!!
I have been really into cooking lately, and so for my birthday Kevin signed us both up to go to these cooking demonstrations at a local kitchen store. The first one that we went to tonight was given by a guy named Jonathon Simpson who won the Utah's Top Chef competition that was held by the food network. He showed us the dishes that they did at the competition, and it was incredible. We were able to taste test all of the food and it was incredible!!!! I felt like I was in a live audience on a show for the food network. One of the coolest things about what they made was that part of the competition was being given some random ingredients that they had to make into gourmet dishes, and the ingredients were hotdogs, beer, and lays potato chips. And he was able to turn those ingredients into incredible gourmet dishes, even using the potato chips to bread shrimp that tasted amazing!!! It was such a fun thing to do, and Kevin and I had so much fun. I love doing fun random things, and I am glad that Kevin thought outside the box for my birthday present. I can not wait to go to our next class!! This is a picture of the end product of what the chef made.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That look s like a lot of fun...even though I said that I would be offended, I really wouldn't! I am looking forward to making the treck northward to try some of your gourmet cooking!! It was fun talking with you guys last night!
Sounds like so much fun! I cant wait to see what you learn.
Just wondering how many points that meal is?! lol
Post a Comment