Friday, February 1, 2008

FLASHBACK FRIDAY

My cousin told me that she knew a blogger who did a" flashback Friday" every week. And I thought that was a good idea!!! So this week I am flashing back to September 12, 2005. This was the last day that I was in the mission field. This picture is of me, with the three sisters that I ended my mission with. I was serving with Sister Delveccio (we all called her D-Vec). We were the office sisters for the last three transfers of my mission. She is the dark hair sister that is on the right of the photo. We had a blast!!!!!! The other two sisters are Sister Perry and Sister Pehrson who were serving in the Wylde Green ward. We all shared an apartment on Gravelly hill. I could not have asked for a better way to end one of the best expieriances of my entire life! So here are a few of my flashback memories of this time:

1: Shrinking President Munday's trousers, and taking them to the wrong drycleaner
2. Playing volleyball in the rain
3. The boating incident that we had
4. Having "Bible Study" at night
5. Being woken up to water fights in the morning
6. President letting us get gym memberships and going to spinning classes
7. Baptizing Mandi
8. Ultimate Frisby
9. Going to the Safari Park
10. Zone Conference at the beach in Swansea, Wales.
11. Elder Kelly's BBQ's
12. Outback steakhouse for Goobs Birthday
13. Waiting for E-mails from "Elder Hargreaves"
14. Talking doctrine with President
15. Cooking sunday dinners with Sister Munday
16. Street Contacting in Erdington
17. Sleepovers with Millie Munday
18. Being able to go to the womens conferance for the Europe West Area so D-Vec could translate
19. Having to say goodbye to being a missionary

I have so many more fond memories of this time as a missionary. I could probably go on forever! I am so glad that I went on a mission, I still miss that special time! There is nothing like it! Luckily, life keeps getting better and better though, but I will always be grateful that for 18 months and three weeks, I was Sister Gasik.

3 comments:

Julie said...

What an amazing time!! You will never forget it...I think this is a great idea to flashback!

Post-it Notes said...

I love flashback Fridays!!!

The Clark Family said...

You've become quite the blogger! Hey, are you going to be in SLC at all this weekend? I wouldn't expect you to be but wondered cuzz I will be in town for 2 days.