Finding the Grave lead us on a "Family History Scavenger Hunt". We started talking to the lady that was taking care of the cemetery, and she told us to go and knock on the door of the Lady that lived across the street, and that she would have some more information for us about who was burried at the cemetary. When we went and talked to her she told us about her 95 year old neighbor that she thought was related to the same people kevin was. We then tried to go and knock on his door, but nobody answered, so we left. On our way out of town we stopped at a gas station and started talking to a random guy there and told him who we were looking for, and he told us about the 95 year old mans son who lived around the corner from the gas station. (everyone seems to know everyone in Bear River). We tried the son, but he wasn't home either, but Kevin did look up his number and left him a message.
Yesterday the guy called us back! It is the coolest thing, they are related, and the 95 year old is the actual grandson of Kevin's great great grandfather and remembers the grandfather! I guess that they have done a lot of family history work and invited us to their 24th of July family Party, which we are going to go to.
Kevin has started getting really interested in family history work, and I am catching the bug too, it is really neat to learn about where you came from!
Here is the line that we have found these people through:
Nels Christensen: Kevin's great great grandfather that had three wives Myrtle, Karen and Ellen
Ellen Kristine Christensen: Kevin's Great Great Grandmother, Nels third wife and the mother of 7 children
Ellen Sophrona Frisby: Ellen and Nels Daugther
Hyrum Christensen: One of Ellen and Nels Son
Chester Christensen: Hyrums Son and the 95 year old man that we have found
Curtis Christensen: Chester's son that we found.
Orpha Frisby Ward: Ellen Sophronas Daughter and Kevin's Grandmother
Virginia Afton Hargreaves: Orphas Daughter and Kevin's mother
Kevin Daniel Hargreaves: Virginia's son, and my incredible Husband!!!
Confusing I know, but I think that I got it all right. Here are some pictures of our saturday, that night Mike and Jeremy came to visit and we went and got sushi (yum! My new favorite food). It was a really neat saturday, and I am pretty excited to spend the 24th in Bear River with long
lost relatives!





5 comments:
That is so cool. Family History really interests me but it seems like such a daunting task. Its very fun though to learn where you came from. You'll have to let us know how the party goes.
Thats so neat!! Family history is so interesting, I need to get more into it. Thats amazing that you found all those relatives!
I couldn't follow it, it's too late and I'm tired...but it sounds very cool! :)
We LOVE the Idle Isle!! I love everything in Brigham City! We need to go on a date there again!
I'm so glad you blog!! Hopefully this way we can keep in touch better. When we get back to Utah we REALLY need to do something together.
Post a Comment