Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Disneyland Half Marathon and 5K

For the last three years my family has gone to Disneyland over Labor Day weekend to run the Disneyland 5k and half marathon. Kevin and I were not able to go the first year, but for the last two years we have gone. These runs are SO MUCH FUN!!!!! You get to run through Disneyland and California Adventure before the parks open, and all the characters are out, music is playing, and it really is just has that Disney magic.

Dad, Mom, me, Kev, and Steven at the start of the 5k. This run was not very hard because my Dad and Steven have decided that they want to always take last place for the 5k. So we go extremely slow!!!!! I thought that it was harder to try to be last than to try to run your hardest and be one of the first!! We did a pretty good at being last, it took us an hour and 16 minutes to go the three miles!! I don't have any pictures of the half marathon because I didnt bring my camera on that race, but I was happy because I was not prepared at all this year for doing the half marathon, but I was able to finish it in time to qualify! I was sore, but happy!
Dad with the Chicken before the 5k. The theme this year was "Toy Story" so this guy was supposed to be a rubber chicken
With Daisy and Daffy Duck in their jogging uniforms!


We spent three days at the park, and had a blast! I have always loved Disneyland, and I have so many fond memories growing up and going there with my family.
In all the years that we have been going to Disneyland my mom had never been on Splash Mountain! So we convinced her that she needed to go on it this year, she loved it until the drop! She got soaked, and said that she didn't want to ever go on it again!On our mission the movie "Incredible" came out, and the billboards were all over England. Kevin became known in the mission as Mr. Incredible because he looks like him! And he really does! Not only does he look like Mr. Incredible, but to me is really is Mr. Incredible. He is just the best man in the world!!
We really had such a fun trip, and I am having a hard time adjusting to being home!! I love my family so much, and it was so great to spend time with them. But most of all I am so thankful for my wonderful husband, and that I have found the man that I will "live happily ever after" with.

6 comments:

Harmony said...

Your too cute....You make me sick...Looks like you all had a great time. I didn't know that they do that over labor day...Thats is good info to know for the future!!!

Contact: Ashley Mills said...

Jamie-you look great in these pictures! It sounds like you had a great trip! Can't wait to see you tomorrow!

The Barbers said...

I had no idea Disneyland did that! How fun. It looks like you guys had so much fun. Hope all is well!

Clarissa Earl said...

Awesome pictures guys! It looks like you had a lot of fun:-)

Mandi said...

I can't wait to go to Disneyland next month.

Julie said...

I love your family and I don't even know them! You guys sure know how to have fun. I would have to say I would have to be a part of the last ones through the finish line group. I don't know how you do it!