We took a small trip to the mission home in Birmingham, and also took a drive to the coast to a place called Great Yarmouth. Here are some pictures from our trips.

Here is Kevin shopping for ties, one of his favorite things to do, he left a lot of his ties at home, and I think it's only
because he wants to buy more! He
didn't buy any of these, but chose 2 later on. I like this picture of him, he really takes the decision of picking out a tie seriously.

This is me on Cherry St. This is the street that we always went street contacting on our mission. We called it
GQing on the mission. I served in Birmingham City Center for most of my mission 13 months. I have A LOT of memories walking up and down this street trying to find someone who would listen to me.

This is Kevin in front of "The Bull". This bull sits in the center of what is called "The Bull Ring". Which is the biggest shopping center in Birmingham. I spent almost every one of my P-days on my mission at the Bull Ring, and I have a lot of mission pictures with this bull.

This is me standing in the center of the Bull Ring. The bull is right out of sight on the right side of the picture. You can see the church that sits at the bottom of the Bull Ring. Its a very pretty church that you can go on tours through. This is a very modern city and it's HUGE!! While we were driving through the city I could not believe I spent so much of my mission here and drove the entire time. I must have been blessed with the spirit to have found my around without killing me and my companion.

We went to the mission office. Of course I got choked up driving into the parking lot. I just have so many fond memories of this place. I
don't think that I can ever express enough how much that time of my life meant to me. I am so grateful that I made the choice to serve, and that I met Kevin here.

When Kevin was on his mission as an assistant to President
Munday he and his companion started a tradition of "passing the keys". This is where the senior AP passes the keys to the office to his companion when he leaves the office. I guess that they have kept up the tradition in the office and have a line of pictures starting with the one that Kevin started with his companion. It was fun to see how far we knew the Elders in the pictures. This is the first picture taken almost 6 years ago when Kevin passed his keys to Elder Walton.

Kevin sitting in his old desk in front of his picture with Elder Walton.

We also took a drive to the coast to Great
Yarmouth. Since we were right on the coast we felt like we had to go out and get Fish and Chips. We went to a little chippy by the water and got this giant plate of Fish and Chips. I am not a huge fan of Fish and Chips, but these were DELICIOUS!!!!!! I want to drive there again just to eat them! Too bad we
don't have a car anymore!

I love this picture of Kev on the pier. There was a really nice beach and a lot of fun places to eat and play. It's a favorite vacation spot in the summer. When we got there is was just getting dark but we had enough daylight still to enjoy our visit.


This was a village that we drove through on our way to Great
Yarmouth. I thought this was the cutest village and so we stopped to get a picture. I love the English countryside and the villages. The villages seem like they would be the ideal place to live. Clean, safe and beautiful. I loved driving through them, and I hope that we get to explore more villages while we are here. So there is the 3rd part of our first few weeks here. I have more to come!
2 comments:
I'm so glad to see your blog is alive. Jam, we ran into your family at the Halloween Cruise tonight.
Slater's on New Street is where I liked buying ties, especially those under 10 pounds.
Post a Comment