We wanted to start our trip off right by going to the Temple. When we stopped by Birmingham we were really on our way up to Preston to go to the Preston Temple. Which is where we also started our missions. The MTC is attached to the Preston Temple and Kevin and I both have wonderful memories of our time at the MTC and the Preston Temple. We stayed at Temple accommodation and then did a session at the Temple the next day. On our way home, we decided to take a not so small detour to see the Lake District and Hadrian's Wall. Which is some of the most beautiful part of the country that I have seen so far.

Kevin standing outside the Temple. I was at the
MTC in Feb, and the Temple ground was not this beautiful when I was there last.

At the entrance to the Temple they have this observation window that you can see all the way up the Angel Moroni.


On our drive to the Lake District this is the scenery we enjoyed the entire way!

We stopped in a village with this river running through it to have lunch.

The Lake District is a series of lakes through northern England with all these small villages in between. I cant express enough how incredible this drive was. The entire drive through the District took us a few hours and we could have stayed forever. There is a lot to do and if you have time there are a lot of water sports on the lakes, hikes,
restaurants,
museums, tours etc. We only had time to drive through and enjoy the sights, but are hoping to get back this part of the country before we leave the UK.


After the drive through the Lakes, we went to
Hadrian's Wall. This wall was built by the Romans when they ruled England. The remains of this wall stretch over a big part of the northern part of the country.

The Romans build forts at various points of the wall, and we found one and walked through it. The
Romans used these forts for training their soldiers etc... The real reason that the forts and the wall were built are not entirely known, but it's incredible that parts of it still remain.

Just a picture of me at part of the wall. There were sheep all over the place, everything was just beautiful, it was a perfect day.



As we left the wall and drove home it the sun was going down. This is the best picture that we got, but it in noway shows what it really looked like. It was so beautiful. We had a great weekend at the Temple and driving through the country. It was the perfect way to start off this adventure, and reassured me that this was the right decision, even though at times it is tough to be so far away from home. Kevin and I want to make the most of this opportunity, because we know that it is going to go by fast, we
don't want to miss a thing.
3 comments:
Props to you for maintaining your blog after a move. Mine died right when I moved to Australia.
P.S.: The Lake District is where I started my life in the UK way back when I was a little kid.
I loved the lake district!! So beautiful! I went to Hadrian's wall too when I was in England. I remember it being cold and windy!! :)
Post a Comment