We went on a road trip with our friends Carl and Jenna to go to the St. George temple and visit Las Vegas. On the way down we stopped at Zions and took a look around. I think that I went to Zions with my family once when I was little but I didn't remember it. I thought it was beautiful. We only had an afternoon there and were only able to see a little bit of the park. I would love to someday go back and have a proper vacation to the park. There was so much to do and it seemed like no matter where you go in the park there is a fun hike or an amazing view of something.
The St. George Temple was incredible. We went in the evening right as it was getting dark outside and the lights were coming on the Temple. The inside was one of the most beautiful temples that I have been in. I love going to the older Temples like the Manti, Salt Lake, St. George and Logan Temples. Their history seems to make them stand out to me.
After we went to the Temple we went to eat at "The Brick Oven".
They have really good homemade root beer there.
After St.George we went and stayed at the Paris hotel in Las Vegas. We spent a day chlling by the pool drinking Pina Coladas. SO MUCH FUN!
We spent a night walking around town and just enjoyed the lights. We also went and got a HUGE buffet dinner at our hotel. It was very expensive and so I decided to make sure that I ate my money's worth. I think that was a mistake.......
Kevin and Carl did do a little bit of gambling.
Some lady was just standing in the street with this bird. I wanted to hold the bird and get a picture. She made us pay a dollar after we took the picture.
I didn't do any gambling, but I did take advantage of the cocktail waitress handing out free drinks.
We went to eat at a place called "Dicks Last Resort". The restaurant is famous for being rude to you. They really do go out of their way to give you bad service and make fun of you when you order. When I ordered water for my drink the waiter wouldn't bring it to me. When he brought out our drinks he gave everyone else their drinks and put mine on a table across the restaurant to let me get myself.
You have to love Las Vegas. There really is no place like it in the world. We had a great time on our road trip with our friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment