I have been very homesick. That probably sounds like a strange way to start a post about Christmas, but because I have been so homesick I knew that Christmas was going to be a tough one being so far away. So Kev and I decided that we wanted to make sure this Christmas was extra special. I have to give Kevin most the credit, because he spent months planning this trip and making sure we had all the best deals and saw everything that we wanted to see. On my "Bucket List" was to spend a Christmas in Germany. So that is what we did!!!! We spent a week in Germany and Austria over Christmas. We flew out of England on a very cold morning and started our trip in Munich.
This was our first little room. I love how they push the beds together :) You can't really get the sense of the atmosphere of this little hotel from a picture, but this hotel was just so "GERMAN". It had charm oozing out of every corner. I loved it!
We took a little train into the center of the city to the Christmas Market in town. Again, I can't explain in words how wonderful it was. The city was just full of little booths with handmade Christmas Ornaments and treats. We had so much fun just walking around the city and looking at all the booths. We walked around for hours and just soaked in the atmosphere.
I loved these little starts. I wanted to buy one so badly, but we didn't really have souvenirs in our budget.
At the food stands they had a covered area where you could eat out of the cold. These places were even decorated so cute.
Here Kev is standing in front of one of the booths with homemade ornaments. I wanted to buy some of those too!
These are all just some pictures of the city.
This says something like "Munich Christmas Market" or something like that. I don't know the exact translation.
More booths with adorable things that I wanted to buy.
Just seeing this picture makes my mouth water! If you have never had a crepe with nutella and banana, then you are really missing out.
These little bratwurst's were Kevin's favorite treat on the trip. They were our dinner that night.
I have a lot of posting to do about this trip. This is just our first day, and we took a lot of pictures. I have been procratinating posting them because it all seemed overwhelming! I figure I better get them posted before next Christmas comes around. So slowly but surely I will get the whole trip updated.
No comments:
Post a Comment