My 28th birthday was January 19th. (just 2 years shy of 30, that's scary). My Grandmother sent me some $ for my birthday and we decided to use it to see a show in London. We drove to the Temple and stayed in the accommodations there, then took the train into London. When we stepped out of the Train Station the theater for Wicked was right in front of us. We walked up to the box office and asked if they had a student discount and any free seats for the show that night. Turns out that the student discount was more than 50% off of each ticket and we were given the seats they had left, sixth row right in the center!!!! I was amazed at how incredible the seats were for such short notice. It was meant to be.
Before the show we went to eat, I can't even remember the name off this place. We walked around forever trying to decide where to go, and then I got nervous that we would get lost and not be able to find our way back to the show, so we walked back to the theater and ate at the closest restaurant. Kevin says that he accidentally ordered a hamburger this big. I was amazed that he finished it!
I look green because the lights in the theater were green
Picture of the stage right when we got inside
Kevin is standing in our seats! They were seriously the most perfect seats. We were close enough that you could see every expression on the actors faces, but far enough away that you saw the whole stage. I literally just sat there in amazement the entire night. It was a once in a lifetime experience for me. I didn't want it to end.
Some of the set. This was right above our heads. There was a man that sat inside of it and moved it around during the show.
Kevin and I together before the show. I know I look horrible in this picture!
This was taken right after the show was over and we were leaving. We took the train back to the Temple and stayed the night at the Temple and then went to the Temple the next day. It was such a perfect way to celebrate my birthday. I will never forget it!
2 comments:
50% off?? No way. I don't remember getting that great of deals on shows when I was a student in London! Nice. I loved Wicked. What a great way to spend your birthday.
such a great experience! You are having so much fun you may never want to leave. I'd love to see Wicked! Yeah for you! Maryellen
Post a Comment