On day 2 of our trip, we had a whirlwind day in Paris. We got going early and got a day pass on the underground. We went all over the place, and by the end of the day my pregnant body was worn out!!
This day was also May 13, which was Kevin and I's 5 year wedding anniversary. We thought it was a great way to celebrate such a big milestone in our relationship. It's been a great 5 years, and Kevin and I have been able to do a lot. We have been extremely blessed. I love Kevin, and I feel lucky to be married to a man like him. He tells me he feels the same, which I am grateful for!
We went to a famouse cemetary in the center of Paris. This cemetary is so large it has it's own map that is very confusing to navigate.
We spent some time at Notre Dame. I have very good memories of Notre Dame. I went to Paris in high school as part of a choir, and we sang inside Notre Dame. It is an experience that has stayed with me. It was fun to be there again.
We found a little park outside Notre Dame, and spent some time goofing around.
Our next stop was the Louvre. We decided not to spend the money to go inside the museum, but we enjoyed sitting outside the museum enjoying the scenery.
We also went to the main Opera House. We were able to get inside about a half hour before they closed, so there was not that many people in there. It was an absolutely beautiful building.
We decided to have a proper French meal. We had french onion soup and escargot. SO DELICIOUS! Jenna was not a fan of the escargot though.
Of course Crem Bru Le for dessert!!!!!
We spent the evening on the top of Paris at Sucre Cur. Which is a basillica that sits high on top of the city. It's a beautiful church and there is a great view of the city. We ended the night by making our way back to the Eifel Tower to see it lit up, it was a perfect way to end the evening. We had a beautiful day, it was fast and felt like we were going at super speed, but we had a great time.
1 comment:
Jamie, you look so darling pregnant. I wish we were able to come and visit. So jealous.
Post a Comment