Monday, June 29, 2009

JUNE 2009

Summer has gotten off to a great start for us! We have been having a fun June, and can not believe that it will be the 4th of July this weekend!! The month started off with a visit from my Grandma Gasik. A few months ago my sister Lara invited Grandma to come to Utah to go through the Temple open house. Grandma is not LDS, and has had to wait outside the Temple for her son, and three of her grandchildrens' weddings. It was so neat to share the Temple with Grandma, she was able to see where we all were married, and we were able to share an important part of us, and our faith with her.
The Oquirrh Mountain Temple was beautiful. I especially loved this Temple because it resembles the Preston England Temple where I went to the MTC. Kevin with Grandma Gasik. It was so much fun to spend the weekend with her.
The month got even better because we got to celebrate Kevins 26th birthday. He finally has caught up with me!! I love that his birthday is in June because there are so many fun things to do this time of year. This year Kevin decided that he wanted to spend his birthday at Chuckie Cheese! We had some fun eating pizza and playing games with the family.
Kevin blowing out his 26 candles with help from Isaac.

This picture turned out a bit funny, but I think it is a great one of Kevin with his sister and brother. I really have married into a great family!
Great picture of father and son


My mom and dad having fun at the party
Glenn and SharleenThen to make the month even better, Kevin's Aunt Linda and cousin Elise from Texas came for a visit. We had a blast with them. Elise and Kevins step-sister Lexie stayed at our house for a week, and every night we had fun hanging out with the family while they were all here.
Helen our cousin and her little girl Kayleigh.
We drove to Bear Lake one night to get raspberry shakes, and to take some pictures by the lake

Me at Bear Lake

Waiting for our food at Labaus

Lexie and Elise our house guests for the week. They were so much fun!
Me and Kev at Bear Lake
We also have had some fun BBQ's with family for Fathers Day, and were able to spend some time with our mission president. It has been a great start to summer 2009!!

6 comments:

Mandi said...

A blog post, I've missed them! Great pictures!

Meg said...

Yay! I've been waiting for you to post! Happy late birthday Kevin. And Jamie (?) It's still hard for me to call you that. You look so CUTE!! We miss you guys! We need to hang out!

The Clark Family said...

Great pictures from Bear Lake! Happy Belated Birthday Kevin! How awesome to be able to take Grandma Gasik through one of the temples. That's a cool experience!

tiffany said...

Fun Pictures from Bear Lake!! Those are cute pictures you took Jamie!~ Way to go !! Cute blog too! I hope you are doing great all the time. I hope you are having a great summer too:) Take care!~

tiffany said...

Fun Pictures from Bear Lake!! Those are cute pictures you took Jamie!~ Way to go !! Cute blog too! I hope you are doing great all the time. I hope you are having a great summer too:) Take care!~

Sara McClellan said...

Hi Jamie! Looks like you are having just as much fun this summer as I am! You look great by the way, your hair is so long and beautiful! Oh and those roman candle fireworks are awesome. You hold on to them and they shoot out little firework sparks every few seconds, they shoot about ten times. The picture looks like that because Brent used a special feature on his camera that caught all the light and made it look like streams of light. I think you have to but those roman candles in evanston though.