Well it was time for the annual Red Fish Lake trip with my family this year. Red Fish Lake is one of my favorite places on this earth. I have been going there since I was a little girl, and I imagine I will be taking my children there someday too. Its such a great tradition that everyone in the family loves. Here are some pictures of the trip this year.
Its my mothers whole family that goes every year. This was the group of us that made it up this year. We are missing my cousin Jeremy who is serving as a Marine in Iraq, and my brother Michael and his family who is expecting a little baby in a few weeks.
I think that I have said it on here before, but my Dad has been nicknamed "The Playmaster", he has definitely taught me that in life you have to work hard and you have to play even harder! He loves his boat and brings it up every year. Here he is showing off is wake surfing skills.
My no-so-little anymore brother Steven had his 18th birthday up at camp this year. I cant believe that he is that old!!! Here he is with his two friends that came with him this year, Tyler and Bronson. They were a blast to have there, and provided us with lots of entertainment!


My sister Lara, who looks too cute to be camping! And Her little girls Natalie.
My Uncle Russ had a wave runner that he brought up, but it had some problems and would not run, so for the rest of the trip he would just tow the kids around in it like a blowup toy! It was hilarious!
Every year I am sad to leave Red Fish Lake. I have so many memories there. I remember being just a little girl and playing with my cousins and getting toys and the general store. I remember being a teenager and bringing my best friends up to camp with me. I now bring my husband, and someday my children. I told Kevin that I want to have a family tradition of going to someplace special every year that our kids will cherish like I cherish Red Fish Lake. I cant wait for next year already!!!!
3 comments:
Sounds like you guys had a great time. Sad that we missed it..but we'll be there net year:)
Love your Red Fish Lake pictures!! I have so many memories there too so thanks for including me all those years in your family tradition!! I don't even recognize half the people in that group picture...everyone's growing up I guess! I can't believe Steven is 18! Holy cow, are we that old???
Looks like you guys had a great time!!!So fun!!!
Post a Comment